Dependable Air Conditioning Repair Service In Highland Indiana.
When the heat & humidity of summer ramp up nothing can be more frustrating than an air conditioner that isn’t cooling down your home. Since 2005 homeowners throughout Highland & Northwest Indiana have put their trust in us when they need reliable AC Repair.
We are extremely dedicated to our customers and work with their best interests at heart. You will never have to worry about hidden costs or fees with us, we always offer upfront pricing. We are dedicated to solving your air conditioning issue so that you and your family are back to feeling cool and comfortable as quickly as possible.
Common Air Conditioner Issues.
Your AC unit works hard in the summer months to keep you cool and comfortable, and as the years pass by, as with most of us, some aches and pains start to develop.
Here are some of the most common warning signs to keep an eye out for that will help you avoid an unexpected costly repair or breakdowns.
- Air conditioner not cooling. If no cold air is coming out of your air conditioner, or it’s blowing warm air the causes could include dirty air filters, electrical issues, clogged condensation drains, low charge in the system, among others.
- Water near your system. When your air conditioner leaks water inside of your home, this is usually caused by a clogged condensate drain line, a damaged drain pan, a broken condensate pump or a dirty air filter.
- Poor air flow. Sometimes air conditioners are delivering cold air, but they do not have nearly enough air flow. Potential causes of this problem include faulty motors, fan belts, thermostats, wiring or relays. The filter could also be completely blocked.
- Strange sounds or odors. If you notice strange sounds (squeals, grinding, or grating) or odors coming from your vents, chances are you have an issue with your motor or fan belts. Odors can also indicate that there is dirt, mold, or mildew in the system.
- Frozen AC Unit. If you notice ice forming on your air conditioning unit shut off your air system immediately. Icing is commonly caused by lack of airflow, low refrigerant levels or you may have some damage to your ductwork.
- Short Cycling. Your HVAC system will cycle on and off to maintain the temperature you have set on your thermostat. If you notice that this cycle begins to increase this is a good indication of a problem. Short Cycling can be caused by a damaged thermostat, refrigerant leak, clogged air filter, or an improperly sized unit.
- High Energy Use. A noticeable spike in your utility bill could be a sign that your cooling system is running inefficiently.
- Dirty Evaporator Coil. Over time and without proper maintenance service the coil gets clogged with dust and debris which hinders the air flow and restricts the unit from cooling air.
Is Replacing My Air Filter Important?
The short answer is yes. I think most of us would agree that a filter allowed to get this dirty can’t be good for your central air system. In order for your AC unit to function properly and efficiently, it requires a supply of fresh, clean air.
As your filter becomes clogged your air conditioner beings to starve for air which causes it to work harder putting undue stress on your equipment and reducing its efficiency which will cause an increase in your monthly energy bill.
Also, if anyone in your home suffers from allergies or other breathing related issues, they may suffer flare-ups or become more uncomfortable as the filter can no longer stop dust and debris from entering the system.
As a general rule, we recommend our customers use pleated filters and change them once every 30 days. For those with more serious allergy issues or breathing problems visit our indoor air quality page for recommendations on air filtration & UV air purification systems.
Avoid surprise AC repairs with yearly maintenance.
In order to save yourself from an unexpected breakdown of your cooling system, our best recommendation is to schedule annual air conditioning maintenance in late spring.
In order to perform an air conditioning maintenance service routine properly temperatures outside need to be 70 degrees and above. Maintenance not only will keep your AC unit running efficiently saving you on your energy costs but it allows us to detect any small issues before they turn into major problems that can lead to a breakdown.
We’re Here to Help!
Collins is a respected and trusted Highland Indiana air conditioning company, and we’re proud to offer reliable, quality HVAC service that our neighbors can count on to keep their family cool and comfortable throughout the hottest months of the year.
If you are experiencing a problem with your AC system in Schererville, Munster or surrounding Northwest Indiana don’t delay call us today at 219-924-7423 or you can fill out our simple online form to request an air conditioning repair service call.